Selling your property
- Send you a questionnaire and some property Information forms.
- Ask you for money on account.
- Request your title deeds.
- Complete the questionnaire and forms as quickly as possible and return them with your cheque.
- Let us have your title deeds if you are holding them.
- Prepare a contract package.
- Send it to your buyer’s solicitor.
- Deal with any additional enquiries they may raise (checking replies with you).
- Arrange for the contract to be signed (once approved by your buyer’s solicitors).
- Check your survey report and let us know of any queries.
- Chase up your lender if the mortgage offer is delayed.
- Return the signed contact and provide the deposit promptly (cleared funds).
- Read our report carefully and ask any questions now (it will be too late once contracts are exchanged).
- Agree a completion date.
- Exchange contracts
- Let us know any dates to avoid.
- Try and be flexible (especially is there is a chain).
- Approve the sale document.
- Send them to you for signature.
- Obtain the estate agent’s account.
- Obtain mortgage redemption figures and prepare a financial statement.
- Sign the sale document and return it before completion.
- Notify the council and water/drainage authorities.
- Let us have any balance of monies (cleared funds only).
- Arrange removals and final meter readings.
5. Completion Day
- Receive completion monies from your buyer’s solicitor.
- Authorise the release of keys when the money is received.
- Redeem your mortgagees.
- Obtain the release of any life policies held by your lender.
- Pay the estate agents.
- Send deeds to buyer’s solicitors.
- Send the balance of monies (if any) to you by cheque unless otherwise instructed.
- Move out by midday if possible.
- Leave the keys with the estate agents.
- Check with us before handing over any keys direct to your buyers.
- Let us have your contact phone number and new address.
We will always provide you with a detailed, bespoke quotation at the beginning of any transaction.