Fixed Fees for Residential Freehold Sale
Here’s our sample breakdown of our current fixed fees for helping you sell a freehold residential mortgaged property in York with a registered title.
Based on a sale price of £450, 000.00 our fees would be:
|Fixed legal service fees: £950 + £190 VAT||£1,140.00|
|In this case the amount to budget for is:|| £1,197.60|
Here’s how this breaks down…
Our fixed fees cover all of the work* required to complete the sale of your property dealing with all the required stages and supporting you throughout the process, including:
- Repaying the mortgage or charges on the property
- Paying the estate agents with your authority
- Accounting to you for the balance due
|Our legal service fees: £950 + VAT ** of £190|| £1,140.00|
In addition there are disbursements. These are what you have to pay to a third party like the search providers, the Land Registry and the UK Government. For this particular example the disbursements are likely to be:
|√|| Office copy entries from the Land Registry||£9.00|
|√||Electronic money transfer fee||£21.00|
|√||Case management fee||£27.60|
|Total cost of disbursements || £57.60|
Please note: During the sale transactions there may be other payments to be made, including obtaining copy planning documents from the Local Authority, duplicate FENSA certificates or GAS SAFE certificates or indemnity policies for breaches of matters on the title or statutory requirements. The need and the cost of these will be advised during the transaction.
Stuff you should know…
We will handle the payment of any disbursements on your behalf, that’s why we will request the money from you at the outset of any transaction.
The time it takes to complete any sale transaction will vary given your unique circumstances. A timescale of six to eight weeks is often quoted from the time of agreeing a purchase to the time of completion (when you can move in). However this can vary widely depending on whether you are in a ‘chain’, where many sales are happening simultaneously and can only progress when all parties in the chain are ready.
The selling journey…
- You ask us to act on your behalf (your instruction) and we give you initial advice and confirm the legal fees and disbursements for your transaction.
- We receive the memorandum of sale from the estate agent and write to the Buyers solicitors.
- The receipt from you of all the forms that we have requested you complete.
- We obtain a copy of the title from the land registry or obtain the unregistered title deeds and prepare an epitome of the deeds.
- We draft a contract and send this with the copy of your title and the protocol papers completed by you to the Buyers solicitors.
- We obtain a redemption figure from the Lender for information purposes only.
- Forward any enquiries raised by the Buyers for your comment and respond to the same on your behalf.
- Obtain copy planning documentation and duplicate certificates if needed.
- Obtain your signature to the contract.
- Agree a completion date and exchange the contracts with the Buyers solicitors.
- Approve the draft transfer and obtain your signature to the transfer.
- Obtain the final redemption figures for the existing mortgages and the estate agents account.
- Prepare the completion statement.
- Complete the sale and release the keys.
- Confirm completion to you and deal with the repayment of mortgage , the estate agents account and transfer the balance of the sale monies to you as authorised.